1 tbs. Earth Balance or non-dairy margarine
1 tbs. Flour
1 ½ cups Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Turmeric
2 BIG tbs. Tomato Paste
3 BIG tbs. Cashew Butter
1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 ½ tsp. Salt
Sriracha to taste
1. Make a roux by melting the Earth Balance over low heat & beating in flour with a wire whisk. Continue to beat over medium heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
2. Slowly whip in the almond milk. Only add a couple tablespoons at a time so the mixture stays smooth.
3. Add onion powder, turmeric, salt, 2 big fat tablespoons of tomato paste, and 3 fat tablespoons of cashew butter.
4. Add the yeast! Whisk lots, keep it smooth. Now add Sriracha and maybe more salt to taste.
5. Eat it with stuff, pasta, gnocchi, or chips!
Note: Add a more almond milk at the end if your sauce is a little too thick. The cashew butter is quite the thickener.